Ragging is a punishable act in college campus. Following punishment will be awarded for those who are found guilty in participation or in
abetment of ragging :-
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution.
- Explusion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Expulsion from the hostel.
- Fine upto Rs. 25,000/-
- Rigorous imprisonment up to three year (This will depend upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the court of law).
- As per the order of Honorable Supreme Court of India victim of ragging or his/her parents / guardians can file FIR. directly with the police.
To avoid punishment, the students are advised to strictly refrain themselves from indulging in any act of ragging.