Salient Features of the Course
- Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering.
- • For admission in Ist year : 10th passed from any recognized board. (Maths, Science and English compulsory)
• For admission in IInd year :
ITI or 10+2 (vocational) from any recognized board
- 3 years
- Full time
- Semester system (Each semester is of 16 weeks and each week has 40 hours of contact for academic work)
Basically diploma holders in Mechanical engineering are imparted training to work in industry as supervisor of production shops which includes supervision of worker working on the machines.
- Repair and maintenance of machine parts.
- Estimating and costing
- Design of components/ parts/ jigs / fixtures.
- Supervising production processes with a view to adhere to the specifications, optimum utilization of resources and achieving desired production targets
- Responsible for controlling production and quality of the product on the shop floor as well as be responsible for production, planning and control
- Erection, installation, calibration and testing of equipment .
- Material management
- Inspection of the manufactured product
- Supervising production and maintenance of refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
Main Subjects :Three Year Diploma Curricular
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Workshop Tech.
- Mechanical Engineering Drawing - I
- Material Science
- Computer Application
- Strength of Materials
- Industrial Management
- Fluid Mechanics
- Automobile Engg.
- Theory of Machines
- Machine Design
- Metrology & Instrumentation
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Prod. Management
- Students can opt for AMIE, Grade IETE, can get admission in IInd year Bachelor of Engg. based on merit of Diploma or through entrance exam for further education.
- Machine Tool Industry
- Automobile Industry
- Thermal plants
- Govt. Departments like PWD, B&R
- Now a days mechanical engineering diploma holders do find good opportunities in Army Navy and & Air force.